We are in the midst of a true Seattle Vacation. (Photos to come later.) We haven't been "home" for this long since we moved to Bend and we are making the most of it. We are seeing friends and family, but setting our own schedule and playing tourist along the way.
Highlights so far:
- A surprise visit to the Husky tailgate on Saturday.
- Watching our Dawgs play tough against LSU (on TV), seeing the new coaches getting fired up on the sideline, and feeling the Husky pride returning to Seattle.
- Enjoying a quiet (rainy!) day up at Lake Ki and catching up with Carole and Jason.
- An mini reunion with my Dad's family that ended up not so mini; getting to see all my cousins' kids (many for the first time) run around.
- An impromptu dinner with Jeff, Ethel, Conrad & Glenna.
- Today's trip to the zoo with Sara and Cousin Calla.
- Owen and Calla playing together and giggling, giggling, giggling.
- Time to drive, walk, and wander through Phinney/Greenwood - our old neighborhood.
- A much smoother than expected drive up and Owen literally clapping and yelling with joy as we drove across the bridge and into the City... "Yea Seattle! Tunnel! 'nother Tunnel! Yea Bridge! I see lots Space Needles. Bus! 'nother Bus! 'nother Bus! That man wearing purple! Yea Seattle!" Our sentiments exactly.
We have more fun plans to visit the waterfront, see Wicked at the Paramount, compare pregnant bellies with Amy, watch a live game in Husky Stadium (Go Dawgs!), and attend a baby shower and wedding. Not bad for 10 days, huh?