Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Television Debut

This week, we kicked-off the annual United Way fund raising campaign for Deschutes County. I've been involved with United Way for many years, and now sit on Board of Directors and the Community Impact Committee. Our committe has the awesome responsiblity of deciding where the donations go each year. It's challenging because there are so many needs and never enough money, but we know every dollar helps. I love it!

This year, Owen and I were asked to participate in the media materials for the campaign. Our theme is "Live United" which encourages people to think about the little and big ways they can give of themselves throughout the year to better our community and help those in need.

Here's the link to the video that has started running on local TV:

And here are a couple of our still shots that may be used in brochures and other print materials. The second one takes up almost a whole page in one of the brochures. Yikes!

Give, Advocate, Volunteer
Live United

4 comments:

I am Kate Maxwell said...

have i told you lately that i LOVE your kid? cuz i do.

Phyllis said...

I love the photos! I'll watch the video when everyone is awake. :-)

Embedding a video is easy. Just copy and paste the code that YouTube gives you. You do have to be sure that you're in the Edit HTML mode, not Compose.

Unknown said...

Thanks Phyllis. I think that's the trick I needed.

Colleen said...

That bottom picture is great! That's my friend Alissa, always fighting for a good cause!