Thursday, October 18, 2007

Back to Work

I started back to work this week. It's been...interesting. My week was focused on preparing for two presentations - one on Wednesday and one on Thursday. In some ways, it was nice not to have to do any project work this week (I've put off checking in with my project managers until Monday - then the real work will begin). On the other hand, there's nothing like forcing you back into mindset like standing up in front of 60 people and trying to speak coherently about a technical report you wrote. Plus, I ended up working in the office an extra day because my laptop was getting repaired. Thankfully, both presentations went well.

My mom has been here this week helping out, which is a huge blessing. She picked Owen up early from daycare each day, helped walk the dog, and stocked our fridge. She also baby-sat this morning while I presented at the workshop. I think next week will be easier because I can work my normal schedule:
Monday and Wednesday will be full days in the Office
Tuesday and Thursday will be half days from Home

I have to say that being at work is no where NEAR as fun or fulfilling as spending my day watching Owen explore the world. It's a real bummer to only get to see him for 45 minutes in the morning and two hours at night. For now, we're committed to giving this work schedule a chance. We'll see how it goes...

No comments: