Saturday, September 29, 2007

Taking After Dad

We're doing some food experiments this weekend to see if we can get to the root of the "messy problem," but for now, I wanted to post some new photos of Owen. The other day, I noticed how much he is starting to look like Scott. His head and face are changing and even his hands are starting to look like Scott's. He's smiling a lot more lately, but it's just too hard to capture on camera.

Lately, we've been having some Family Music Time in the evenings. Scott figured out he can keep Owen calm with the guitar - Donovan Frankenreiter, Death Cab for Cutie, DMB, Jack Johnson, David Grey - it really doesn't matter - Owen loves it all. It's fun to watch the two of them together, and I'm sure it's better for all of us than having the TV on... Just wish I could sing better.

Last weekend, my parents were here and we took Owen out to Smith Rock to watch Scott rock climb. It was my first real hike with the baby (other than walking some flat trails along the river with the dog), and Owen did great. He loves being outside. Plus, we think Owen already has hands like a climber and he proved it the other day by holding one of Scott's quickdraws - those things are heavy!

And finally, here are my two favorite guys. We think Owen looks funny with his legs all folded up ("where's his other half?"), but he loves hanging out in both our slings. We read somewhere that carrying babies around puts them, "...at the center of the action, but not the center of attention." It's so true! He is really content to sit in there and watch me cook dinner or read the mail, but put him on his playmat and he's bored/frustrated within 10 minutes.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

So cute! I love slings.