Things I learned this week:
1. Fussy babies will not cry forever. After a real low point last week, Owen had a whole week of relative happiness. More time spent smiling than crying - a breath of fresh air for mom and dad.
2. Cloth diapers are no good overnight. Owen sleeps much better in disposables. For now, we will sacrifice the environment for 5 hours of solid sleep.
3. Never reach into the crib to adjust the blanket around a precariously sleeping baby. Sure to result in an interrupted nap, no "shower time" for mom, and 12 more singings of Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star before the nap will resume.
4. Owen's new record is 4 onesies in one morning. (And I only change him if the spewage covers a good portion of what he's wearing.)
5. Being a new parent makes you a "power sleeper." We had friends get into town late last night. They came in and got settled without Scott or I waking up - and we sleep with our door open facing the guest bathroom.
6. Hudson is not a good guard dog (see #5).
7. Owen can now make it through a (fast) meal at a sit down restaurant. It was fun to have Spencer and Beth for a short visit on their way to Crater Lake. We didn't realize until halfway through breakfast, that it was our first sit down meal out with the baby. Good milestone - the Bend Brewing Company is next! We miss our Friday night staple.