Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Clearly I haven't been very motivated to blog lately, but we have been having some good adventures.

We went to the pumpkin patch again this year. Nana and Papa joined us for the fun. Last year it was beautiful and sunny and Owen slept in the front pack the whole time. This year it was beautiful and COLD, and Owen was ready to run everywhere. He was still too little to do a lot of the activites, but we did do the tractor ride and picked our our pumpkins.




I've been going through some rough mommy patches lately. Owen's doing great, but he's had a rough couple weeks - a little teething, poor sleeping, and general toddler frustration has resulted in a very short fuse. Last week, it seemed he spent all of his time screaming in frustration, crying because mom said "no," or running in the exact opposite direction of my requests. A couple days of short fused Owen lead to a short fused mom. By Saturday, I was trashed. I honestly felt like I did a year ago when we were in the middle of colic and messy reflux.

Thankfully, I had a good cry on Saturday night, Scott affirmed my frustrations, and I was able to remember that "this too shall pass." Owen finally took a good nap Sunday afternoon and a few days later we had a happy kid again. Today has been a good day with a walk, playing in the yard, trip to grocery store, good nap, building Ikea furniture, play group, and swimming. (Yes, all that activity actually makes for a BETTER day than if we try to sit around the house - have I mentioned this kid is BUSY???)

Parting Shot:

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I love the pumpkin patch pics, it certainly looks cold! And I must say it is so great you keep that "this too shall pass" attitude in the midst of the craziness. You are such a great mother, Alissa. It certainly does pass, even when in the middle of it you feel like you might just start pulling your hair out strand by strand!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh. I'm glad to know that this "frustrated toddler" business is probably very normal. Man, these little ones can wear us out!