Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Homemade

Nobody would ever accuse me of being crafty. In fact, this blog is about as good as it gets. Yes, I own a sewing machine, but my skills are remedial at best. But last week, I got all excited to sew a little project for Calla's birthday gift.

Owen and I tackled the project during Josh's nap. Owen had helped Grandma sew some pillowcases the prior week, so he was quite the helper, telling me all about the parts of the machine ("this is a foot," "you need thread the needle").

In the end, the project turned out just the way I wanted - a super cute sash bag to hold... well, I can't post that here, as it would ruin the surprise, but the gift on the inside was also homemade, by Scott. Happy Second Birthday Calla!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I really need to learn how to sew - it would save me a lot of money on clothes, especially having a girl!! As you can tell from our beach pics, girls require lots of things!! MK had about 8 bathing suits - I was able to change her twice a day. I got all but 2 last year at the end of summer when they were all on sale. That's the way to shop!! I have to say I am excited about having a boy - Jeremy thinks we'll actually save money with a boy!!

I am impressed with your sewing skills. Looks like it was a fun and successful project!

Sara said...

Dear Auntie Alissa,

I really love the bag of blocks that uncle Scott made! I love to take them out of the bag and put them back in, and I like to put the blocks on top of the table. The bag is really pretty, and my mom wants to know where you find the time to do such cool projects! Thank you so much. I can't wait to see you soon!

Love,
Calla