Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Like a Weed

(I posted some pictures of the Moby for my Aunt Tracy in the post below.)

Josh is packing on the pounds (or ounces, as the case may be). At his two week check-up, he was already up to 6 lb 2 oz - a full pound larger than birth. And this week, I put him on a baby scale at a mom's group and it read 7 pounds. Yozers! 40% weight gain in less than a month is pretty awesome in my book. Josh is already out of the premie clothes and diapers and starting to fill out the newborn outfits. It's also great to have a bit more baby to hold on to, pass around, and snuggle.

And we do! Here are pics of Josh with each grandparent during that first week home:




I am starting to see that we are going to have a big napping battle on our hands, but we will work through it. I told myself that I wasn't going to worry about Josh's sleeping habits until after Thanksgiving (i.e. after the first month), and I am trying to stick to that and not stress about our "only sleeps when held" kiddo. In fact, I hesitate to type that I think he has been sleeping in his own space for the last hour... a first! There is hope yet.

Though this is still the most common sleep position in our house:

2 comments:

Peg said...

Can't say I blame him - wouldn't we all rather sleep in the comfort of someone's warm arms than in a cold crib? Much more like his home of the last nine months. He'll get there!

Colleen said...

I have to say that I was chuckling through the whole thing! He still sounds so tiny compared to our Tank! I am jealous! I would love fewer pounds, well, at least my back would. Tommy is certainly making an impression on many of my aching muscles. Josh is SO CUTE, and I am glad he is growing and healthy and happy with all his snuggling (I'm sure you are too, even if it makes things a little more challenging)! I agree with Peg, sleeping in someone's arms feels better for us all!