Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day!

Scott and I have spent our evening rewatching the inauguration and talking about the different things we heard from watching/listening from work or in the car throughout the day. It was pretty fantastic to celebrate this day. Owen and I wore our red, white, and blue and we hung out at home a bit longer to catch a first glimpse of the President getting in the motorcade. Just sitting there on the couch with Owen on my lap, telling him that "the tall man on the left was about to become president" brought a tear to my eye. Obama may be the first president he remembers.

Obviously, I am stoked for the hope that Obama has brought to our country. We have a lot of problems and challenges ahead. It will not be a quick journey and things may get worse before they get better, but I am optimistic. It is very encouraging to me to know that we have someone in office that is willing to listen to different opinions and put advisors around him that will challenge his thinking. The best way to get to the right answers is to sort through and discard all the crummy ones along the way.

Here's to hope!

2 comments:

Cailean said...

I totally agree! We were thinking also that our kids will remember Obama. Reagan was the first for us and I remember in 5th grade being so sad that he wouldn't be President anymore!

Carmen Goetschius said...

I loved the benediction by the Reverend Joseph Lowery. And here, here! Here's to hope!