Friday, March 07, 2008

Killing time while baby sleeps

Owen is fighting is first real fever this morning. It's a mild one, so not worth a trip to the doctor, but he's a pretty sad kiddo. Whimpering and clinging to me while he's awake and taking massive naps. I guess I should be taking advantage of these naps to get some housework done, but in the meantime, I bring you...

4 things about me.
Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Dental office grunt

2. Restaurant worker (not quite a waitress, not quite a busser, not quite a barista)
3. Pool/Clubhouse watcher

4. Nanny

...good thing I got that engineering degree. None of those jobs were going to get me anywhere.

Four movies I would watch over and over:
1. When Harry met Sally
2. Braveheart

3. Armageddon

4. Planet Earth series


Four bands/artists on the music rotation:
1. Jack Johnson
2. Carbonleaf
3. Death Cab for Cutie
4. Snow Patrol

Four places I have lived:
1. Camas, WA

2. Bellevue, WA

3. Seattle, WA

4. Bend, OR

Four TV Shows that I watch:
1. Project Runway (or whatever other Bravo Reality show is on at the time)
2. Survivor
3. Grey's Anatomy
4. Heroes


Four places I have visited.
1. Europe
2. Hawaii

3. Siberia
4. Belize

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Cheese of all kinds (Mac and Cheese, grilled cheese, dessert cheese platter, cheese and crackers - haven't met a cheese dish I don't like)
2. Caprese Salad (basil, tomato, mozzerella)
3. Grilled Salmon
4. BBC's Blue Cheese an Mushroom Hamburger with crispy on the outside, soft on the inside french fries


Four places I would rather be right now:
1. At my Mom's Group (we missed today)
2. Skiing
3. Vacationing in a warm place
4. Outside walking (but we're going in an hour)


Four things I am looking forward to this year:
1. Chasing Owen when he learns to crawl, walk, and run
2. Hiking and camping to teach Owen about the outdoors
3. Our annual trip to the beach with 3 kids this year
4. Planning some sort of vacation

3 comments:

I am Kate Maxwell said...

i'm looking forward to chasing your kid too... and i enjoy that you killed time by writing random goo on your blog.

go cougs said...

Opie is the best looking baby, by far. I like your choice in Jack Johnson and movies. Now can you do something about the baby bib? Need some crimson and grey. I have a question for you. At what age does a baby become a non-baby?

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to the beach this year! Let's hope baby girl is, too!