Friday, March 21, 2008

First Day of... Spring?

Today is the first day of spring, so naturally, we woke up to... Snow! Thankfully, it melted pretty fast and the sun is shining brightly. Owen and I even spent a few minutes out in the grass before his nap. I'm ready for winter to be over.


Our baby boot camp is working. As soon as I posted that Owen wasn't interested in trying to crawl, he started doing the "army man." Rocking side to side and scooting himself forward like he's crawling under barbed wire or trying to stay low and avoid enemy fire. I guess it was all about the right motivation - he's only interested if he's chasing the remote, my cell phone, or the camera. So these are the shots I got...



Other random thoughts for Friday afternoon:
- We're going to a wedding next month and I think I need a new dress.
- Amy and Sam are coming to visit in less than a month!
- Time for some new brown shoes - the Danskos have served me well, but they're almost as old as our marriage.
- Owen mowed down zucchini for lunch - yea!
- Today is our last swimming lesson.
- I am going to read a book this month. Even if it's in 10 minute increments.
- Owen has officially outgrown the swing (our lifesaver for months!), and the bumbo. Kind of sad, but I posted them both on Craigslist yesterday and already have buyers. Sweet! Money for new shoes?
- Owen has also outgrown his car seat. I've been researching our next seat, but information overload has lead to indecision. Just need to buck up and purchase one already!

Oh, and I turned 30 this week. One of these days, I'll have some deep thoughts about that, but for now, I'm just itching for spring. We did celebrate well - Scott put together a great wine party with our friends, my mom took me for a massage, and Scott and Owen got me an Ergo carrier. Love it!

1 comment:

My Life. Pts 1, 2, and Beyond said...

Happy Belated Birthday Cousin!