Saturday, April 02, 2011

Bye Bye Old Man Hair

Josh had some serious "old man hair" going on. It was trending toward mullet - still pretty bald on the top and then long, wispy locks forming in the back. I kept oscillating between cutting it and letting it grow because those baby curls in back are hard to let go of. In the end, we bit the bullet and decided the hair growing over the ears just had to go.

Before:


During:
Scott gave Josh his first trim. He still only needed one snip of the scissors on the top, but the back was pretty out of control.

After:
It's pretty hard to tell the difference on such a blond head, but the back looks soooo different. On Monday when I dropped the boys off at school, Miss Lauren noticed right away and said, "no more old man hair!!"


After Owen's fist haircut, he looked so much older to me, but Josh really looks the same - just less disheveled. If anything, the haircut makes him look more awake and alert. Always a plus side.

Am I a bad mom that I didn't keep a lock of his baby hair? I have one from Owen, and I have no idea what will become of it. These boys don't have baby books. In fact, the locks of Josh's hair were identical to the one I saved of Owens. Maybe I should just change the card to reach "First Haircut, Owen AND Josh" - ha! Honestly, the hair kind of grosses me out. I'm sure it will be the same when the boys are old enough to lose teeth.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

We are in exactly the same position right now. Tommy's hair is out of control, but I just can't do it!!!! I know I need to get rid of the mullet, but the curls...nooooo! Thanks for the encouragement though!